Monday, May 2, 2011

Bang Fitness Project in Carmel

     It has been nearly a decade since I started working out on a regular basis. Since then I have had memberships at several gyms. Some were good experiences and some were bad. It seems when you finally find a good facility with good equipment everyone else seems to go there too. It doesn't matter that the place has nice equipment because you can't get a turn on it. This is not the case with Bang Fitness project.
     I recently received a two week pass to workout at Bang Fitness Project (formerly Cardinal Fitness). I went at different times during the two weeks to see if there was a "busy time" and was pleased to discover that no matter when I went I was always able to access the things I needed. There is lots of great equipment there including some things I have never seen before. There is plenty of free weights, benches, smith machines and squat racks on one side. Down the middle are all the pulley machines, which they have plenty of. Along the front on the right side are all the cardio machines, which, again they have plenty of. Each time I went I never saw anyone standing around waiting for a machine. One of  the pieces I really like that I have never seen before is an ab machine where you throw medicine balls at a target as you sit up and they roll right back to you, very nice!
     Another great feature of the club is the Kid's Club section. It seems like the only clubs that offer this anymore are the large chains like Lifetime Fitness and their kids section is in a completely different area. I really like that the Kid's Club at Bang is right there where you can check in on your kids. They also have plenty for the kids to do. I tend to be very cautious with my kids and I would feel very comfortable having them in the Kid's Club while I workout. The overall atmosphere of the club was great. There was no loud annoying techno music blaring through the speakers, no muscleheads posing in the mirror. Brian, the club owner greeted me and shook my hand the first time I went there. He was very polite and it was nice to see that he was there interested in his club and the clients who go there. The rest of the staff were very polite and helpful each time I went.
     The price for membership is very comparible to some other clubs if not slightly cheaper. Like many other clubs they offer a month-to-month or yearly membership. They even offer a discount if you want to buy a whole year up front. they have lots of different things to offer complementary when you first begin. The offers are ever changinf but may include things like a couple free training sessions, body composition test, visual analysis, and thorough gym tour as well as other things. Overall when you first join they will spend up to about 2 hours with you at a time that works for you making sure you know your way around, help you set some goals and put you on the right path to meet them. When my wife and I decide to join a club, this will be the one we join! The pricing is great, it is a very convenient location, the hours are great, and it is a wonderful facility. Whether you have been working out for years or are just trying to get started, I would highly recommend going to Bang Fitness Project, especially if you have children.
Thank you to Brian and his staff! For more info go to http://www.gobangfitness.com/

1 comment:

  1. I was a member there for a couple of months. I found that the weight area was very small and limited for my needs, as well as the locker-room was inadequate.
    I am going to another gym in the area, I find it to have all my needs. I wish I had not been so attracted to the bargain pricing without really looking in to the details.
    This is a decent gym for the light duty gym type. Not a hardcore workout nut like myself.

    ReplyDelete