Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pearl Izumi Syncropace 3/ Athlete's Foot Avon, IN

    This is the first pair of Pearl Izumi shoes I have owned and will not be the last! The Pearl Izumi Syncropace III is the best shoe I have ever owned. I have had them for just about a year now. I feel like they were made just for my feet. I had these as well as a new pair of expensive Asics. I would alternate sometimes and quickly discovered that the arches of my feet would hurt when I wore the Asics so I stuck with my trusty new friends. 
    The shoe is pretty lightweight and breathes very well. I am surprised how well the shoe has held up. Originally I purchased the shoe at the beginning of Fire academy to use for our intense Crossfit workouts everyday. For 4 months I wore these shoes everyday to do Crossfit workouts and long jogs on the road. Not once did my feet or legs hurt. I have worn them to lift weights in since that time and despite the beating they have taken they are in good shape still. Although they are not falling apart yet, the folks at Athlete's Foot would probably tell me it's time for a new pair. I will retire them someday and replace them with a new pair of Pearl Izumis.
     I want to say a special and long overdo thank you to the staff at Athlete's Foot in Avon, IN. 19 young firefighter recruits descended upon the store one afternoon to have a fitting and purchase shoes. The staff there were so friendly and helpful. I had never been treated to such a thorough shoe fitting. They had us each walk across a pad that measured the positioning of our foot in stride. After this they recommended a couple different shoes for us. It is because of the knowledgeable staff at Athlete's Foot that my feet made it happily through that intense 4 month period. Thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment